Source : Mailist – May 03, 2011
Job title: Administrative Office Manager
Reports to: Director of Jakarta Office
Coordinates with : Director
Based in : Kemang, South Jakarta – Indonesia
Position Reference# : 100500
Terms of Reference : Office and Administrative Manager
PT Forest Carbon Consultants Indonesia seeks an experienced, dynamic and highly versatile Office Manager interested in joining and helping to develop a new international environmental consulting firm specializing in forestry, climate change and conservation issues. This is a full time, in house, position located in the Kemang area of South Jakarta.
The Office and Administrative Manager will play a key role in helping to establish the structure and identity of this new company. The role will require the Manager to use a variety of basic skills in general administration, accounting and clerical work. At the same time, the position will require the Manager to provide direct input into the internal structure of the company, including: setting up company administrative systems, corporate accounts, invoicing, consultant payments, company
operating policies, marketing and public relations The Manager Will also be be expected to attend and represent the company at meetings and conferences.
The selected candidate will need to work exceptionally well within a team and play a supporting role to company associates. At the same time, he/she will be expected to work independently, being able to identify gaps in office administration and take steps to address those gaps. This is an excellent opportunity for both a young manager looking to develop new administrative skills, or an experienced manager interested in helping to create the administrative foundation of a new company.
Primary tasks and responsibilities of the Office and Administrative Manager include:
Maintain Office Services:
• General clerical and secretarial work,
• Collaborate with the Jakarta Director to design and develop office policies and procedures, including: accounting, human resources, payments, hiring and termination of contracts, etc…
• Collaborate with the Director of Jakarta Office to create a monthly company administrative and business development budget,
• Handle the processing of invoices and payments,
• Record and compile minutes of internal meetings,
• Be able to represent the company at external meetings, conferences and seminars as a liaison with other agencies, organizations and groups,
• Assist with advertising, marketing and public relations,
• Organizing events and meetings such as company launches,
• Maintain and acquire office supplies and expenses,
• Arrange various services for associates, such as transportation (airline tickets),
• Ensure contractual agreements are up to date and secure.
• Work with the accounting firm to ensure the accounting records are up to date and accurate.
• Follow up with all PT Forest Carbon Consultants team members to make sure that they submit receipts for expenses on a timely basis and assist in financial report
Maintain Office Efficiency
• Plan and implement office and administrative systems, layout and equipment (desks, computers etc…) procurement
• Maintain office inventory
• Anticipate needed supplies and submit orders
• Perform other related duties as required
The selected candidate will ideally have at least 5 years of relevant experience working within either a local or international commercial company. The candidate should have an undergraduate university degree (bachelors) in business management, accounting, or other related financial or administrative training.
Key skills for the position include:
• Experience in setting up and maintaining administrative systems, especially in regards to accounting,
• Understand how to develop and maintain a marketing and professional network and preferably be able to bring an existing network of government and business
• Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
• Ability to independently anticipate problems and identify solutions
• Knowledge of human resource management and supervision
• Ability to work effectively using English as a working language
• Very effective organizational and communication skills
• Computer skills including, Microsoft Office and email.
Other Desirable Knowledge
• A basic understanding of climate change issues and the role of carbon forestry in climate change.
• Knowledge and experience with the Indonesian Department of Forestry.
Indonesian nationals with strong office administration experience are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Instructions to Applicants
Interested candidates who feel that they meet the above qualifications should apply to this position by sending an email with the position reference number (100500) in the Subject line to: Jeff Chatellier firstname.lastname@example.org and Gabriel Eickhoff email@example.com.
Applications should include:
i) an updated CV,
ii) a brief cover letter introducing yourself, and
iii) the names and contact information of three references,
For more information about PT Forest Carbon Consultants and our work, please visit bour website at: http://www.forest-carbon.org