Source : Mailist
23 May, 2011
Job itle : Administrative Assistant
Reported To : Regional Manager and Administrative Officer (Jakarta)
Duty Station : Aceh (Kutacane or Tapaktuan), Kalimantan Barat (Ketapang), Kalimantan Tengah (Pulang Pisau or Katingan), Papua (Jayapura or Timika)
Tt/ARD was awarded the Indonesia Forestry and Climate Support (USAID IFACS) Project in early November 2010. The USAID IFACS Project is designed to support USAID Indonesia’s Country Program Strategy 2009 – 2014, Objective 2: “Sustainable Management of Natural Resources”, Intermediate Result 1 “Improved Management of Forest Ecosystems”. USAID IFACS seeks to reduce the threats of deforestation and climate change, and help the Government of Indonesia (GOI) conserve the country’s tropical forests, wildlife, and ecosystem processes (including carbon sequestration). It will have activities in three regions; Papua, Kalimantan, and Sumatra; each being managed by a Regional Manager and supported by various technical experts.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Manager and Administrative Officer, he/she will be responsible for ensuring a clear and effective communication, receiving guests and customers and directing them to the officer and individuals they need, receipt and distribution of documents and mail from outside. In addition he/she will assist the procurement officer in procurement of goods and the maintaining the project inventory list.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Serve as a liaison with office and leased residences landlords and management of the lease agreements and maintenance needs.
• Manage Petty Cash
Human Resources Management
• Maintain work, leave, sick records and prepare reports as directed by the Administrative Officer.
• Assist the Admin Officer in maintaining office policy and procedural manuals for all staff.
Procurement Services for Program Support
• Assist in the procurement of office supplies.
• Coordinate with the Administrative Officer on addressing procurement issues pertaining to VAT processing and reporting for program operation costs.
Safety and Security Administration
• Maintain and update the USAID IFACS Safety and Security Guidelines and ensure compliance.
• Maintain and update the USAID IFACS Emergency Contact Rosters and phone tree.
Qualifications : (Minimum Requirements)
Education: University Degree
At least 3-5 years of experience in equivalent administrative position, monitoring NGOs, database management, and reviewing and tracking reports. Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
Working knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Able to communicate fluently effectively both verbally and in writing. Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
Languages: English and Bahasa Indonesia
Please send CV and References to Ljalius@ifacs.or.id (attachment not more than 300KB) by COB 31 May, 2011.