Source : INCL
May 30, 2011
Tetra Tech ARD is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Technical Coordinator on our USAID Indonesia Forestry and Climate Support Project (USAID IFACS). The USAID IFACS Project is a 4-year project designed to support USAID Indonesia’s Country Program Strategy 2009 – 2014, Objective 2: “Sustainable Management of Natural Resources”, Intermediate Result 1 “Improved Management of Forest Ecosystems”. USAID IFACS seeks to reduce the threats of deforestation and climate change, and help the Government of Indonesia (GOI) conserve the country’s tropical forests, wildlife, and ecosystem processes (including carbon sequestration). This full-time, two year position will be based in Jakarta and as soon as possible.
• Supervise the Jakarta based technical unit; including spatial planning, lansdscape conservation, private sector, community development and communication specialist.
• Coordinate and manage the technical direction and support to 4 regional offices to ensure integrated program development and implementation in eight target landscapes;
• Contribute to the development of all project deliverables including work plans, performance monitoring plans and monthly, quarterly, annual, and trip reports;
• Build the local management capacity within USAID IFACS and partner organizations, by building internal management systems that include individual work plans, structured meetings to review advances to hold people accountable, team meetings to establish team moral and resolve issues facing the technical unit, among others; and
• Conduct periodic reviews of staff’s performance and make recommendations for changes, annual increases, and promotions as appropriate.
• Masters (minimum) in forestry, ecology, private sector enterprise (SME), sustainable development or the equivalent experience and technical skills;
• At least 15 years of experience implementing international development programs focused on sustainable forest management, sustainable natural resource use or closely related fields;
• Ability to oversee and manage a strong technical team by developing management systems and working with local staff to place them into action; training local staff to adapt these systems and take on increasing management responsibilities;
• A team leader and player as demonstrated by having led numerous teams on projects or doing project design and evaluation work, producing quality deliverables;
• Strong writing skills in English and experience producing high quality deliverables to USAID such as technical reports, work plans, annual, and quarterly reports, etc.
• Experience working in Indonesia and strong Bahasa language skills are required;
• Must be able to prepare written documents and reports in English.
Please email full, current CV in reverse chronological format with 3 references, a brief cover letter explaining why you are qualified for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to Technical Coordinator in the subject line by COB 10 June, 2011. Candidates best meeting position requirements will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations – in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.