Source : The Indonesian Nature Conservation newsLetter (INCL) – September, 28 2011
Tetra Tech ARD is currently accepting expressions of interest for the OPERATIONS MANAGER, FINANCE ASSISTANT, AND MONITORING AND
EVALUATION OFFICER on our USAID Indonesia Forest and Climate Support Project (USAID IFACS). USAID IFACS seeks to reduce the threats of
deforestation and climate change, and help the Government of Indonesia (GOI) conserve the country’s tropical forests, wildlife, and ecosystem processes (including carbon sequestration).
1. Operations Manager, Jakarta Indonesia
The Operations Manager is the senior-most project staff for operational support, and reports directly to the Chief of Party. The Operations Manager is directlyresponsible for the management of all Subcontracts and Grants issued under the contract. In addition the Operations Manager oversees the Finances, Human Resources, and General Administration of the Jakarta and Regional Offices to ensure implementation is in accordance with USAID rules and regulations and Tetra
Tech ARD policies and best practices.
• Manage the Subcontract and Grants process to ensure: competitive procurement; correct contracting mechanisms are used; compliance with USAID regulations;
and implementation is in accordance with the contract.
• Implement and troubleshoot human resource management systems for project staff, including extending these systems to Regional Office staff.
• Draft and update the project operational budget. Lead the process to disaggregate budget by technical and regional area. Track expenditures and complete budget projections.
• Oversee the proper procurement of goods and services and ensure proper files/documentation is maintained in the Jakarta and Regional Offices.
• At least 7 years of experience managing the administration of donor funded projects with increasing levels of responsibilities. Preference given to candidates who have held the most Senior Level Administrative/Operations position;
• Experience managing donor funded subcontract and/or grants programs, including staff;
• In-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations on procurement, subcontracts, and/or grants greatly preferred.
• Dynamic thinker, creative problem solver, and proven manager.
• Fluency in both English and Bahasa Indonesia required.
• This position is designated for an Indonesian citizen.
2. Finance Assistant, Jakarta, Indonesia
The Finance Assistant will work under the supervision of and directly support the Finance Officer in processing payments, data entry, bank reconciliation, preparing monthly financial report, review of Regional Office’s monthly reports and review of Grantee’s financial reports.
• Assist the Finance Officer in closing monthly accounts by reviewing transaction, grantee financial reports, and regional office financial reports.
• Assist in processing VAT exemption and assist in ensuring compliance with local income taxes policies and remittances to tax authority and JAMSOSTEK.
• Review and track travel advances and expense reports to ensure prompt reconciliation.
• Maintain audit-proof financial files, ensuring all financial transactions have proper back-up documentation.
• University degree, with minimum two years experience in a similar position with a NGO or International Organization. Processing payments related to tax; service,payroll, and VAT preferred.
• Proficiency in English preferred.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer supports the M&E Specialist to develop the M&E instruments, maintain the PMP database, and train staff in its use.
• Develop M&E instruments and protocols
• Provides training to field staff on data collection protocols and oversees data collection
• Maintains database for storage and maintenance of project baseline and monitoring data;
• Analyses data and prepares PMP performance and other reports
• University degree in community development, demographics, sociology or related discipline.
• At least 5 years experience related to Monitoring and Evaluation. Demonstrated ability to manage performance management plans.
• Experience designing data collection protocols and ability to train in use thereof. USAID experience strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in English preferred.
Please email full, current CV in reverse chronological format with 3 references and a brief cover letter explaining why you are qualified for the position to email@example.com referring to the position title in the subject line. Deadline: October 2, 2011.
Candidates best meeting position requirements will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.