Source : careers.ardinc – January 25, 2012
Tetra Tech ARD, is accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party candidates for our USAID IFACS Project in Indonesia. USAID IFACS is a 4 year project that began in November 2010 and is scheduled to end in September 2014. USAID IFACS seeks to reduce the threats of deforestation and climate change, and help the Government of Indonesia (GOI) conserve the country’s tropical forests, wildlife, and ecosystem. The project works in Aceh, Central and West Kalimantan, and North and South Papua.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be the main USAID IFACS representative to USAID and implementing partners, ensuring ongoing coordination. The COP is responsible for achieving the overall technical goals of USAID IFACS as well as ensuring that Administrative, Financial and Contracting systems are functioning to support the Program’s success. This will be achieved through the direct performance of tasks or supervision of designated staff that are assigned tasks.
1. A minimum of fifteen years of professional experience in fields related to the successful implementation of this project such as forest resources management, natural resource management, biodiversity conservation, sustainable forestry management, local community and alternative livelihood development, local governance capacity building, and behavior change promotion;
2. A graduate degree (Master’s Degree or higher preferred) in a similarly related field of study, e.g. forestry or environmental management, international development, public administration, business administration, governance, etc.;
3. Proven leadership in the administration of similar size international donor support programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting;
4. Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams;
5. Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the contract;
6. Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia preferred; and
7. Knowledge of Indonesian forestry, biodiversity conservation, and climate change policies, laws, development and management issues preferred.
Applicants are requested to email full, current CV in reverse chronological format to Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to ‘IFACS COP’ in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations – in the U.S. and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: Open