Source : Mailist – February 21, 2012
ZSL Indonesia is looking for a qualified and committed candidate to take the lead in developing both our REDD Berbak Carbon Initiative Project (BCI) in Indonesia and our overall REDD strategy. We are exploring using market-based mechanisms to tackle the joint challenges of conservation and emission reduction, whilst allowing for sustainable development, and are looking to work in the future in emerging climate finance projects and in wider climate finance strategy. The post-holder will initially focus on progressing the BCI, and later on expand activities in order to participate in developing other REDD and Blue Carbon possibilities in ZSL’s programme.
Main responsibilities Indonesia
1. To oversee relations with key stakeholders, mainly in the national government, and key strategic partners and potential investors, ensuring relationships are maintained and supporting knowledge transfer and capacity building to ensure long term sustainability of the BCI project.
2. To lead on the coordination of the BCI project design document for submission to applicable standards including CCBA.
3. To contribute to the development and implementation of the project and of ZSL’s Indonesia programme’s wider goals.
1. To lead the development, representation, promotion of ZSL’s REDD strategy at both national (mainly Indonesia) and international levels
2. To undertake analytical work on REDD+ issues, including those at regional and global scales.
3. To provide technical advice on REDD, carbon and natural capital to ZSL as a whole.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience;
1. A post graduate qualification (M.Sc or PhD in a related subject)
2. Good knowledge of forestry and nature conservation sector including a sound working knowledge of REDD, Carbon financing and potential markets, ideally with knowledge of the implementation of UN-REDD and REDD implementation in Indonesia
3. A minimum 5 years experience working in the forestry and nature conservation sector including previous experience working at a senior level, or equivalent combination may be considered.
4. Ability to think analytically, strategically, and programmatically.
5. Experience in mainstreaming climate change in development/sector policies, strategies and programmes ideally in conservation organizations.
6. Strong scientific and policy level background
7. Proven experience, knowledge and understanding in developing an REDD in country project, including compiling a project design document for submission to applicable standards, especially CCBA Gold Standards and voluntary markets
8. Proven experience in the use of climate change related financing mechanisms (CDM,
9. REDD+, LDCs Fund, etc)
10. Experience in management of GIS tools (ArcGIS, IDRISI), and / or economic modeling and / or forest carbon stocks;
11. Proven history of managing complex or multiple projects.
12. Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
13. A willingness to travel
The post holder will ideally be based initially in Indonesia, but may also travel to the UK and other ZSL project countries as the role develops.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to ZSL’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org . Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Clsoing date: Sunday 4 March 2012
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews in the week commencing 12th March 2012.