JOB: Forest Campaign Manager
Indonesian Forest Campaign Manager manages, leads and motivates forest campaign team including mapping and research unit and forest political team. Together with Indonesian Program Manager, plays a leadership role in the day-to-day management of the campaign operations in Indonesia. Reporting directly to the Campaign Director and working closely with Indonesia Forest Network, the Forest Campaign Manager will ensure the effective coordination and integration of the different departments in GPSEA in the implementation of identified Indonesia forest campaign program.
Deadline of applications: March 16, 2012
Formulate and ensure the delivery of the Greenpeace Southeast Asia Forest Campaign Programme in Indonesia, in accordance with the approved strategic plan. Ensure an integrated approach to our programmes and projects work that supports the realization of Greenpeace long-term objectives.
The Indonesia Forest Campaign Manager will regularly update the Campaign Director and Indonesia Forest Network the status of Indonesia forest campaign operations plus provide advice relating to program preparation and delivery, interdepartmental projects and operating systems. Where appropriate, The Indonesia Forest Campaign Manager will also serve as the external representative for Greenpeace Southeast Asia campaigns.
Lead, motivate, and manage the forest campaign team in the country, in order to achieve the objectives of national program.
Ensure effective performance of the units through staff development training, coaching, mentoring and performance reviews.
* Build forest campaign capacity while fostering talent and embedding effective best practices through Greenpeace Southeast Asia.
* Uphold administrative tasks associated with staff management as described in policy documents and standard operation procedures.
* Provide input to Campaign Director and Indonesia Forest Network in the development, monitoring, evaluation and completion of campaign staff’s performance objectives in any given year.
2. Strategic program development
* To advise the Campaign Director and Indonesia Forest Network on strategic program directions for Greenpeace in the country in particular as well as on a regional and global level. Inspire and encourage all forest campaign staff to achieve these strategic objectives.
* Accountable for achievement of agreed forest campaign and project objectives.
3. Program/project implementation
* Responsible for the effective implementation and coordination of the forest program output and support this including management of program processes such as the program implementation meetings and through participation in the program leadership team.
* Approve execution of forest campaign projects, in order to deliver the national and regional campaign program objectives.
* Responsible for the on-time delivery of agreed projects.
* Working closely with Communication, Mass Mobilization and Fundraising on program calendar and schedule of the events.
* Ensure effective and smooth inter-departmental coordination and integration in the implementation of the agreed program and organizational calendar.
* As part of the Program Leadership Team, review and evaluate projects, campaign pushes and cross-departmental activities helping ensure that lessons learned in the course of program implementation are internalized.
* Plans, prioritizes and organizes the collective program output of the Indonesia forest campaign.
* Allocates work, reviews goals, assesses risks – when applicable in cooperation with relevant forest campaigners – and ensures interdependencies with other areas of work and Greenpeace Southeast Asia and global Greenpeace priorities.
* Ensure consistent high quality evaluation of Greenpeace Southeast Asia program activities, approve evaluation of projects and campaign output, and ensure implementation of approved recommendations, in cooperation with other members of the Program Leadership Team, in order to contribute to the improvement and effectiveness of Greenpeace Southeast Asia forest projects and campaigns.
* Represent Greenpeace where appropriate in the media, with politicians and other partners in the country. Ensures this representation meets the highest standards in line with how we wish Greenpeace to be positioned in society along the lines also specified in the organizational development plan.
7. Crisis Response
* In the event of in-country organizational emergencies act as a member of crisis response team working with the Indonesian Country Representative.
* Perform other duties or projects as assigned or delegated by the Campaign Director.
* A preference for good communication skills one of more regional SEA languages other than English.
* Preferred skills include experience in key program areas: public speaking, activist training, strategic planning and organizing people around an issue.
* Proven leadership skills.
* Ability to create innovative campaign strategies, with a track record in environmental campaigning, political or social activism desirable.
* In depth knowledge of national politics and institutions and an understanding of the strategies needed to influence them, as well as demonstrated experience in working regionally/internationally.
* An understanding of how to use communications and media to achieve campaign goals.
* Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal / written Bahasa and English.
* The ability to lead / manage with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Experience in strategic planning, project management monitoring and evaluation with financial management and budgeting skills.
* Relevant tertiary qualification, with a background in environmental issues desirable.
* Flexibility: willingness to travel and work beyond official working hours.
* Computer literacy.
* Aligned with Greenpeace Values (Professionalism, Valuing People, Global Mindset, Goal Oriented, Cutting Edge, Knowledge Sharing, Trust & Respect)
* Application form
* Recruitment Pack
Send your Application form to email : Jobs.email@example.com . Please complete all items in the application form as this will be our basis for shortlisting candidates. Curriculum Vitae (CVs) will not be accepted.